Sonos rackable

• 24 December 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge
Hi sonos and fellow users,
I have been doing a lot of sonos in domestic jobs which I use multiple sonos amplifiers or connects in them in racks, can sonos produce a narrower form factor for it to be rack mountable. At current sizes, you can fit 2 connect amps side by side, or 3 connects.
If you have racked version, you might able to squeeze in 4 units. I have attached one of the jobs that I have done....note the system still cool even though it’s in a cupboard with door close, front door vent on bottom, and a extraction vent in roof cavity to extract the heat, system is almost silent with this setup just incase you had a question if the system goes hot?
I have other systems that is a similar setup to this, and I’m sure there is the custom installer that have large sonos jobs like this too

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

That's a lot of stacked kit for a closed cabinet - unless the house has central A/C running all the time. And if the extraction vent is a passive one. It might be worth checking the ambient temperature inside with all the kit running at max specified volumes.
Badge
Yes, lot of equipement, it was hard to believe but the internal of the cabinet never got hot, customer has a inline extraction fan housed in the ceiling drawing the hot air out, I used a piece of paper and you can see it get sucked towards the vent on the cupboard door. Even when ALL the equipement is running during summer including AV receivers and sonos amps, never been hot, I will try get a thermal reading next time to give you a idea how hot it gets
customer has a inline extraction fan housed in the ceiling drawing the hot air out,
That would do it; my question was raised in the event that this kind of forced ventilation wasn't there.