I plugged my Teac TN-300 into the Sonos Five and all I get is a faint highly distorted sound. Here’s what I’ve tried so far:
- Toggle the pre-am switch on the TT on and off multiple times to make sure it’s not a sticky switch.
- Changed the cable connecting the TT to the Sonos Five
- Tried multiple settings on the Line level (from 1 to 10)
- Kept autoplay off
- Made sure I am only playing on the Sonos Five and not on any other speakers in the home
- Disconnected and reconnected the cartridge head
- Reset my cartridge weight and anti-skating
Any other ideas? Is it possible the Sonos Five is fine except for a bad Line In?