Answered

Sonos Connect ZP90 no sound from Turntable

• 10 February 2021
  • 7 replies

hi everyone 

I need a help with sonos zp 90

When connected to the receiver by RCA and volume to the maximum, can just hear very quiet sound.

Anybody knows what's the problem please? 

thanks

icon

Best answer by ScotsEuan 11 February 2021, 21:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Connected to what on the receiver? What on the ZP90?

What version of the Sonos OS is the ZP90 running?

Hi I have just bought a Pro-Ject T1 phono SB turntable and have the same issue with my ZP90. 

Hi!

In addition to the questions above, I’d ask if you’ve turned on the preamp on your turntable, since any Sonos analog line in is looking for line level data, and not phono level.

Hi Bruce,

There are times in your life where you wish you could rewind back a couple of hours and this is one of them. Thanks, can’t believe I missed the switch underneath the turntable. 

Time to open the wine and get the old records out!

Cheers

Euan

Let’s not pretend that kind of ‘D’oh’ moment hasn’t happened to us all ;) As long as you’re enjoying your Sonos, all is good!

I have sonos connect zp90, when connect to the Yamaha a-s500 amplifier by RCA I can hear just very quiet sound 

To hear that quiet sound I have to set up volume level on the maximum.

I play music from smartphone by sonos app

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

To quote Airgetlam:

Connected to what on the receiver? What on the ZP90?

What version of the Sonos OS is the ZP90 running?

In addition, it would be useful to know whether you are sure that the ZP90 is known good (e.g. was previously used OK in another similar system). I guess it’s possible that the ZP90 is faulty, though it would be premature to conclude that with the info available..