Answered

Sonos Connect issue with Marantz SR5012 Surround Receiver

• 28 March 2018
  • 3 replies

I recently upgraded my man cave installing a Marantz SR5012 AV Surround Receiver. Previously I had an old Sony audio receiver (no video) and had no issues with the same Sonos Connect appliance. I connected the Sonos Connect "Audio Out" RCA's with the Marantz "Audio In" RCA's using the "CD" input. I know the Marantz is working fine no issues with TV/Cable, BluRay or gaming inputs (all HDMI connected however, no other RCA's connected) but I am struggling to understand why my RCA connected Sonos Connect audio isn't working properly (appears all is good but no sound). After installing the Connect I am fairly certain the Connect is "connected" to the Sono's phone app as all other indicators appear in order (Connect appliance illuminates the solid white light, plus the appliance play and volume features on the Connect are interacting with the app). I have tried switching the inputs from CD to DVD and still no luck. I am sure this is some audio setting over this guys head so if anyone has ideas, all are welcome. Thanks..
icon

Best answer by jjayf 28 March 2018, 13:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
That is a pretty advanced AVR, with a ton of flexibility. My guess is that it is simply not configured correctly. Each input on that AVR is assignable. Do some simple troubleshooting first. If possible connect a different source to the cd input or try and use the digital output on the connect. The digital output is the way you should go anyway, as it will allow the receiver to convert the files.
Roger that.. Will give that a try and let you know, appreciate the advice..
How was this resolved? I am facing a very similar issue and would be interested in the outcome.