Question

Replacement for ZP100

• 15 April 2019
  • 3 replies

I have had a pair of Sonos bookshelf speakers connected to a ZP100 since about 2004. They have moved with me through six house moves. Two weeks back, burglars decided the ZP100 would look better in their house than mine. They left the speakers behind. I'm now wondering whether I should get another Connect:Amp or go for another option (like possibly two Ones).

The speakers are in a unit that was designed to accommodate bookshelf speakers vertically. I'm not interested in home theater and only want it for music. The occasional party. The room is quite big and in a double volume space so I need a decent amount of sound. That said, the Sonos speakers have been fine so far. They just don't seem to sound as good as the newer Sonos speaker sets (I have a Play 5 too).

So, any recommendations?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I would personally opt for two Sonos Ones (2nd Gen), they are incredible sounding speakers and have the latest tech inside ...and voice control is getting better all the time. You can also AirPlay to them if you use any Apple iOS devices like iPhone/Apple TV etc.
Thanks for the reply. Would two Sonos Ones have comparable volume compared to the old setup?
Would two Sonos Ones have comparable volume compared to the old setup?
Hard to say. It depends on the old speakers' sensitivity. Get a pair of Ones direct from Sonos and you can always return them if they don't suit.

As the Ones would be mounted in furniture they'd benefit from Trueplay tuning. This requires an iOS device. If you don't possess one, try and borrow a friend's. It'd only be needed for the tuning process.