Answered

Help! Turntable to Pre-Amp to Sonos Connect

• 21 October 2018
  • 8 replies

Badge
I purchased and am attempting to install a Pro-Ject Record Box E to connect my Pro-Ject Essential III turntable to my Sonos Connect.

I have the cables from the turntable going into the “in” ports of the preamp, then the next pair going from the “out” ports of the pre-amp to the “in” ports of the Connect. I also have the “MM” button not pressed (out position).

On my phone, I have the Connect setup as line in /AV. Still, no sound!

What is the deal! Help me!
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 21 October 2018, 15:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Have you tried raising up the Line-In source level in the App? In Room Settings/Advanced Audio?

Did you set an Auto-Play Room in the 'Advanced Audio' Settings for the Connect Amp in the App?
Badge
Ken....I’m going to buy you a beer! It worked! You are a gentleman and a scholar
Just to also say... you don’t have to use the Autoplay Room Settings. You could set that to 'none' if you wanted to and then listen in any chosen Sonos Room.

All you do is start the turntable. Then in the Sonos App, choose any of your sonos rooms from the 'Rooms Tab'... note you can Group the rooms together too whilst in the Rooms tab area.

Next you goto the 'Browse Tab' in the App, where you will see the line-in icon in your list .. select your turntable from there and press the play button in the App. The music will then play in the Room(s) that you selected in the Rooms Tab.

That’s if you decide you don’t wish to use autoplay and would rather start the music playing yourself in different rooms.

Note you can set the source level for the Line-In between 1 (low) and 10 (high) ... I tend to choose a level that falls in line (approx.) with my other audio sources, so that everything is 'equal in volume' or thereabouts, so there are then no nasty loud surprises when switching between audio source.

Hope that helps aswell... glad to hear it’s all working.?
Badge
Ken - so I goofed things up. The music was working fine, then I picked up my iPhone, which had locked with the volume control showing. There was an iPhone icon, which Sonos was set on, then another icon that looked like a speaker. I touched the speaker and now it no longer plays through the Sonos speakers. I have tried everything to get it back. And the volume control screen has not returned to where I can click on the iPhone icon to fix it -

Any ideas?
Badge
Never mind - got it!
Never mind - got it!

ha ha, no worries. I’m sure you’ll figure it all out as you get used to how it works.?
Hello, this chain seemed slightly like my problem. I purchased a pro-ject III turntable with prewired RCA's. I'm honestly not sure if it has a pre amp but I think it does. I have the RCA's into a Sonos Connect Analog IN. I still can't get music from any of my Sonos speakers......any thoughts?
rywilson4,

Have you set the line-in settings in the Connect's 'Room' Settings and also have you selected the 'line-in' from the 'browse tab' in the Sonos App as the playing source for one of your other Sonos rooms/speakers, as mentioned in the thread above?