Answered

Connecting in-wall subwoofer to Amp

• 15 December 2020
  • 2 replies

I’m looking to add an in wall subwoofer to my sonos home theater system. Currently I have an arc center channel and then 2 sets of architectural in wall speakers running to 2 separate amps for front/back, left/right. I would like to run two subs, one to each amp. Any recommendations on in wall subs to use? As well, what connections work best to get the most sound?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 15 December 2020, 05:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Added info: I would love to do the JL Audio Fathom® IWS-SYS-208. That being said, will the amp that comes with it connect to my Sonos amp without too much delay? It is as simple as using an RCA Y cable to the input from the single sonos output? 

This won’t work in a home theater setup, if that is your intention. If you set up one of the Sonos Amps as a driver for surround speakers, the subwoofer output is turned off. Equally concerning, the Arc can not be used as only a center speaker, it is always front right, front center, and front left. Sonos does not have any software support for three separate front speakers in a Home Theater.