Question

Connect Analog Output Voltage

• 17 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Anybody know the output voltage on the analog jacks of a connect in low and high volume settings? Having problems with my Crown amp (xls1002) output. The volume level is too low to non existent at lower volume settings. Crowne says output need to be min 1.4v and +4 dbu.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

-10dBV is consumer level output - -like from Sonos. +4dbu is Professional level output. The AC voltage difference, in decibels, between +4dBu and -10dBV nominal signal levels is 11.79dB. You will need to add a preamp or active mixer in between the two components. Or use the Sonos in non fixed output mode and turn it up.
0 to 2 volts, the latter being at max volume or always when fixed mode is chosen. About the same as any CD player. The 1.4 volts referred ought to be enough for a Connect to work as well as any CD player would which usually do not have a volume control, so a Connect in fixed mode would be equivalent to one.
Hi...i am a new user here. I would like to know if I can connect one analog output to the analog input and measure the output voltage 0-10V? I have already tried it with an external power supply and it (analog input) works fine. I am trying to get familiar with setting up the analog outputs of the CPU and how to write to them.