Question

AV receiver to connect

• 19 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Hello all, I have a Marantz SR7012 and want to use all my sonos units throughout Home to play what’s coming from receiver, via TV, video games and even music station from receiver. I have the connect unit with my receiver and need to know what output from receiver to input from connect unit. Once I know what output to use, I would need to know if any special settings within receiver, if applicable. I already have it working the other way, to hear music play through all surround speakers by hooking to receiver input CD. Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Any audio line level out, such as Tape REC out, to Connect line in. Set the switch on receiver front panel to the source wired to it that you want it to play. Set line in on the Connect to autoplay.
Can I use zone 2 as a source out from receiver
Plus I don’t see a Tape REC out so that won’t work
I don't know how these zones work, so try and see what happens. Make sure via the receiver manual that any connections you make to the line in on the Connect from the receiver are line level and not speaker level; the latter are too high in voltage, meant for speakers, and may damage the Connect.