Answered

Unable to connect to Sonos learn more.

• 3 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Iam currently using version 12.2.2 and was working until yesterday and today it stopped working with a message 'unable to connect to sonos, learn more

I have tried to reset app, reconnect the playbar, sub, play speakers but nothing changed, this ain't the first time this is happening. Could someone help pls???

I'm using wireless router to connect and still the same issue and it's bloody disappointing and annoying!!!

icon

Best answer by Paul A 3 January 2021, 17:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Ranand14.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Allow me to share some recommendations to help you out.

I would like to recommend, by providing some situations and the corresponding steps on what to do accordingly (if the situation is setting Sonos to a new router or any changes we’re made on the router settings like changed password, changed WiFi name or router update. etc.). 

• ​If you only have one Sonos device. (considering that the Sonos device is plugged into power and has a solid white light)

1. Open the Sonos app.

2. You will be prompted at the top of the Sonos app “can’t connect to Sonos, Fix it” prompt.

3. Tap on that prompt and then select Update wireless settings.

4. And then follow the prompts.

• If you have more than one Sonos device.

1. Unplug all Sonos devices from power and while all the Sonos devices are unplugged from power, temporarily connect one Sonos device to the new router via ethernet cable. (ethernet cable first before connecting to power)

2. Once the Sonos device (connected to the router via ethernet cable) has a solid white light, plug into power the rest of the Sonos device (not connected to the router).

3. After all Sonos devices are connected to power and have a solid white light, open the Sonos app go to settings » system » network » wireless set up. And then follow the prompts.

4. The prompt would also provide you the details on when to unplug the ethernet cable from the Sonos device connected to the router. (a wired connection is just temporary) or it can be permanent depending on your decision.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. we are all here to work together in the community.

Thanks,

Thank you for the quick response Paul. 

I have more than 6 gadgets of sonos in my place. Does this mean that I have to repeat the steps everytime I have this issue?

Regards,

Anand

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

H @Ranand14.

Thanks for your update and immediate response.

No, these recommendations and steps are a one time deal and only needs to be done if there are any changes with in the network like WiFi Name, WiFi password, change in router, router update, or any changes made with in the network. However, if you have more than one router like mesh network, additional router, etc this is a temporary fix which means if the issue is re-occurring, you may have more than 1 router which needs further investigation.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. we are all here to work together in the community.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You could consider handing out fixed ip-adresses to your Sonos devices in your router. Some routers get confused when a lot of Sonos devices start up in a short time - as they wil do after an update.

Badge

Hi. I’ve been suffering from the ‘Unable to connect to Sonos’ issue since updating to S2. It happens several times a day, on both android phone app and iPad app.

I’ve tried all of the solutions I can find and it’s driving me crazy. The Sonos speakers don’t show in Spotify Connect either.

No changes to router or settings - just submitted diagnostics 1971323075