Answered

How to delete account?

• 23 February 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi,

I stopped using Sonos players some time ago and I do not intend to participate in this forum any longer. How to remove my account from your servers? I can’t find the option. Maybe I’m not looking in the right place.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 23 February 2018, 19:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Call Sonos if you want to delete. If you unsubscribe from any threads you replied to your account will be pretty dead.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Deezz, as Chris suggested, giving us a call on our support line is a good way to go.

For the community, we don't usually go through and delete all of the posts your account has made since there are replies to it and it'd make the conversations you were in very disjointed, but we can change the name and/or disconnect it from your email address if you'd like. Feel free to PM me directly if you'd like to discuss.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Thanks for the reply. I understand there is no simple way to have an account deleted. Not by myself at least. I’m located in Europe and calling would not be my preferred option.

I’m ok with emptying the account myself (as much as possible) and changing the email address to a fake (temporal) one. This looks like the easiest way forward and should do the trick.

Cheers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If you PM Ryan I'm sure he can take care of for you vs. calling in.
I can understand tha Ryan could be a solution, but I think it would me more serious (as I expect from a company as Sonos) that they implement a solution that deletes the account as many others do
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi pippo1973, over the last year since that was posted, we are able to delete accounts here as well, however, if it's a Sonos account and not just community, contacting our support line is the best step to start with. If you need a hand deleting your account here, just reach out to one of our staff members or community managers.