Answered

Where is the Alarm and sleep timer?

Userlevel 5
Badge

The alarms and sleep timer are gone in the new app? Did sonos really destroy such essential features or is this a bug? 

I really hope they didnt just go "fork the paying user" on us here, a ton of us use and rely on those every single day. Gonna look for a money back option here

icon

Best answer by Alienman101 10 May 2024, 00:11

View original

85 replies

Userlevel 2

Yep. I used the timer EVERY NIGHT. Thanks Sonos 😒

Userlevel 5
Badge

Same, I used sleep timer for music to fall asleep every night and the alarm every morning. 

Seems sonos decided that widgets are a thing of the past as well.

The arrogance of companies who think they know better than what the users want and need baffles me. I hope this widespread backlash on the community and app stores will force them to listen instead 

Userlevel 2

I used sleep timer and alarm.  If it was such a bad idea to put in the old system then why did they do it in the first place.  It's a great feature.

WTF? Why??

Thank god that I did not updated my iPad. The funny thing is I cancel my wake up call on my iPad, but this morning there was a notification from Sonos on my iPhone. So I really hoping someones * it up at Sonos and it will be

back.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Userlevel 3

WHERE IS ALARM ???

WHERE IS TIMER SLEEP ????

Userlevel 2

Having just woken up to the Sonos "default" tones instead of my chosen radio station, I discover to my delight (sarcasm) that my app has updated on Android and now I can no longer set my alarms. 

Does this not just show how out of touch Sonos are with us, the people who have paid for a premium music system, that they don't realise they're are likely quite a few people who use alarms and sleep timers?

Userlevel 2

What a terrible app update. Shiny new FYP but no alarm or sleep timer?  Great job Product team… NOT!

Userlevel 2

I also used alarms daily. Have only just bought a Sonos product for my bedroom. Would have chosen different system if I had been warned about this change coming. I read somewhere that the alarm feature will be back in a future update. WHEN???

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Same here - use alarms All The TIME!!!

This update is sooooo bad, it’s amazing how they managed to get it through testing!!

Userlevel 2

Sonos …Why why why did you remove the sleep timer feature that is clearly widely used.  Tell me how to have music play at bedtime for two hours and then shut down while I am in a deep slumber.  Not a good choice, Sonos.  Please fix this ASAP,

Userlevel 2

Title: "Disappointing Update: Alarm Management Moved to Website"

I recently noticed that the app underwent a significant overhaul, boasting a fresh new look and some promising features. However, I was left scratching my head when I discovered that alarm management, once conveniently handled within the app, has now been inexplicably shifted to the website.

As a user who relied heavily on the app for its seamless alarm customization, I find this change utterly baffling. The app was intuitive and user-friendly, allowing me to effortlessly set and adjust alarms with just a few taps. Now, having to navigate to the website feels like a step backward in terms of convenience and accessibility.

While I appreciate the efforts to modernize the app, this particular decision to remove alarm functionality feels like a misstep. I hope the developers reconsider and reintegrate this essential feature back into the app, restoring the ease and efficiency that initially drew users like myself to it. Until then, I can't help but feel disappointed by this update.

Userlevel 1

Indeed this is a major step back !!! I realized it when I did the update of the Sonos app on my IPhone so I did not do it on my iPad…I do hope Sonos will find a workaround soon. Alex

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Give us back the old app!

I need sleep timer every night to fall asleep!

Seriously, I hope it is a bug and not a design choice.

Ps. Give us back the sound volume number on the volume slider in the room page. I hoped for a volume knob, but you removed the number.

Userlevel 2

They delivered a bullshit new app version. Can’t understand why they do not offer a rollback to the older version when so many complains arises. Not a trustworthy company at all.

Userlevel 2

How did this new app get approved for release?  It is junk.  You just don't remove basic functions and say uhh, they will return sometime in the future.  Not sure when, but trust us.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

There should be a period of Beta test time allowing users to test snd comment on any new app release. It's just not fair to find this when you need to play content and then have to spend 30mins to find ones way around a new app.

If it has taken months to develop this new app, why expect users to jump straight in and operate it straight away?

Where are the timers?

Please allow to switch between the old and new interfaces.

Userlevel 1

So annoying that there is no sleep timer ,such a very important feature.how come they just decided to remove it? So frustrated now 

This update is real nonsens. Nothing works

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

So it seems you can still access the alarms and sleep timers from the Windows app, and possibly some others.

Note to self… set timer before going to bed!

Indeed: Where is the alarm function?

Use it every day!

When will it be fixed????

Userlevel 2

I have an alarm now going off at 7am this morning cause I can’t update/edit or delete the alarm cause the functionality that was there yesterday, has now been removed from the app

bravo developers, bravo (insert slow clap)

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

We also got caught out by this update, however as a workaround you can still change timers and alarms in a PC app.

Userlevel 1
Badge

From the help pages….so all you need to do when you wake in the middle of the night is go get your computer to set a sleep alarm, that’s totally fine, right?!

Userlevel 1

Apparently the alarm and snooze functions will be restored on subsequent updates; alarm function will be first to reappear…

There is a decent workaround for the sleep timer, if you DO NOT have an “SL” speaker. Just say “Hey Sonos, turn music off in (fill in the blank) minutes.” Works great. Too bad that the technical support people do not know there product well enough to suggest this to everyone that has posted this problem.