Answered

Sonos Music Search

• 29 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Search function is not working properly. If I search for an Artist and click on an album I used to then see a list of all tracks and could then create a playlist or just play songs easily. Now it is no longer letting me see tracks within artists or albums. I assume I have missed something I need to do or some additional update as this is dreadful. I use Amazon Music as streaming service. Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 1 June 2023, 12:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @MJV17, welcome to Sonos Community!

Let’s start with the Amazon side of things. Have a look at Amazon Music and Sonos if you’d like, I’ll note down below the important information.

As it is unclear in the OP, depending on the type of subscription you hold with Amazon Music, different features are available to you. For the Amazon Prime subscription, users are not able to choose specific songs, but can shuffle any artist, album, or playlist.

Amazon Music Unlimited

• Unlimited access to 100 million songs (millions of songs in CA)
  • Pick and play any song, ad-free
  • The most ad-free top podcasts
  • Listen offline
  • Unlimited skips
  • Exclusive Ultra HD remastered albums
  • Experience our fast-growing collection of spatial audio

Included with Prime

• All the music you love ad-free
  • The largest catalog of ad-free top podcasts
  • Discover new music and podcasts based on your likes
  • Shuffle play any artist, album, or playlist

Now, in the case that your subscription is Amazon Music Unlimited, you should be able to navigate freely through artists, albums, tracks and playlists with no trouble.

I noticed on your Community profile you’ve got a Play:5 (Gen 1), which means you are currently on a S1 Sonos System, therefore using Classic Search. I was not able to find any current issues on that front.

Maybe if you can share with us some screenshots, showing the problem? Nevertheless, if the issue is not related to Amazon Music subscription type, I would recommend to reach out to our Sonos Support for some live troubleshooting.

I hope this helps.