Answered

Plays the station previously selected

• 27 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

S-2 app - when I go to play a particular station in my Favorites, it consistently plays the previous station (yet shows the “correct” one in my “now playing” window.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 27 March 2023, 16:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @slipcue,

It sounds like the system is initiating playback but isn’t swapping to the new source correctly, meaning there could be some interference being picked up by the system. How is the system connected to your network? Do you have any devices nearby your Sonos speakers that could be causing wireless interference?

Also, does this happen with other music sources or if you search for the station rather than selecting it from your favorites? 

As it seems like you can replicate this issue, I’d recommend submitting a diagnostics when it occurs and replying here with the confirmation number so I can have a look into your system.

You can also reach out to our support team for some live troubleshooting.

I hope this information helps!

I was searching for this issue and couldn’t find it and of course found this post right after I posted my question. Anyway I’ve had the same issue. It’s fairly recent

Same issue.

When selecting a new station, it always plays the last station. Does it with the alarm. Does it with favorites. Does it when selecting a station not in favorites.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @slipcue,

It sounds like the system is initiating playback but isn’t swapping to the new source correctly, meaning there could be some interference being picked up by the system. How is the system connected to your network? Do you have any devices nearby your Sonos speakers that could be causing wireless interference?

Also, does this happen with other music sources or if you search for the station rather than selecting it from your favorites? 

As it seems like you can replicate this issue, I’d recommend submitting a diagnostics when it occurs and replying here with the confirmation number so I can have a look into your system.

You can also reach out to our support team for some live troubleshooting.

I hope this information helps!

@473ueheb2u2ud 

Same issue, but using the S1 app version 11.8, on all 1st gen Sonos gear. Seems to have started maybe a month or two ago, so I suspect it was introduced in an update. Here’s more detail, that I posted as a response on the topic started by @ECSmith before I found this thread: 

I’ve been having the same issue recently — maybe the last month or two. I’m using the S1 app, as all my Sonos gear is 1st gen. I suspect the problem started with an app update, as it seemed to start around the same time I started getting the nag banner to upgrade to S2 (which I can’t do with all 1st gen equipment, and the Sonos app should be smart enough to quit asking).

Sometimes (I think) selecting the station from my history would play the right one, when selecting it from the list of stations would not. Restarting the Sonos units didn’t fix it, and neither did restarting the app or rebooting my iPad. I think I mostly fixed it, at least temporarily, by deleting my radio stations and re-adding them, but it still happens occasionally.

Edit: In fact, it is happening now, as I write this. I selected WFMU and it is playing KFJC. Both are listed as “Sonos Radio Station” in my favorites. Now Playing says it is playing WFMU, but it’s not.

This is also happening to me and has been the last few releases. It takes a couple of tries to get a room to play the selected music instead of the previous station. The app even shows the graphic of the new station while playing the previous.   Diag 1819805379 if you want to take a look. 

I have the same problem on S2.  It started recently after SW updates. Not sure if it is always the last station or the one before since I control the system using an iPhone, iPad and MacBook Pro.  Diagnostic number 456045506.  BTW, in general I am not as impressed with the SW that Sonos writes as I once was.  A bit flaky.

It's obviously not wireless interference if it's happening to all of us and it happened after a software update.

My network worked perfectly fine for years and the only thing that changed in this equation is the Sonos software.

Please fix it.

But it could certainly be duplicate IP addresses caused by an issue with your router. Have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and called l Sonos Support to discuss it?

Merely submitting a diagnostic isn’t enough, you have to then call in and tell them the number, and why you submitted it.