Old Sonos Products

• 3 June 2023
  • 8 replies

I had a sonos system in a house that I sold and left the old sonos equipment behind.  I am having a new house built and getting a new sonos system and want to know how I delete the old products on my sonos acct

8 replies

Hopefully you factory reset your sonos products before handing them over to the new owner to prevent them from using your linked services? They would need your Sonos password anyway for administrative purposes.

Anyhow the devices will automatically switchover to the new owners Sonos account when they go onto set them up with their own account credentials.

You can simpy create a new Sonos household with your own Sonos account.

I did not do a factory reset and am not sure the new owner is using the equipment or tossed them.  I simply want to remove them from my sonos account and start new while keeping my same email address….any suggestions?  I called sonos before I moved and they were not very helpful

I did not do a factory reset and am not sure the new owner is using the equipment or tossed them.  I simply want to remove them from my sonos account and start new while keeping my same email address….any suggestions?  I called sonos before I moved and they were not very helpful

I would just create a new Sonos setup and leave the previous devices in your account - it won’t affect the new setup whatsoever, or how it works. I have plenty of old devices showing in my online account too.

thanks for taking the time to reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Maybe not very nice to the new owner, but since they’re still on your account, couldn’t they be used for the Sonos discount?

the new owner wanted a whole house music system.  I just dont know if he is using or upgraded.  In order to upgrade dont you have to return the equipment you are upgrading?

the new owner wanted a whole house music system.  I just dont know if he is using or upgraded.  In order to upgrade dont you have to return the equipment you are upgrading?

No, the trade-up scheme allows you to recycle, keep the original equipment, or to pass it onto others. It’s an incentive for existing and long standing customers to purchase the newer Sonos products at a discounted price.

good to know, thanks