Answered

My Music albums disappeared? Any way to recover?

My wife uses the My Music page to save albums from our connected Amazon Music service.  Today she noticed there are now only 6 albums listed instead of dozens.  I also notice that what remains are just albums starting with the letter A.  How did they disappear?  Are they recoverable?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 3 July 2023, 10:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ron.manuel 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Here’s an identical thread from a few hours after your post:

We are investigating.

I think it’s a safe bet that they haven’t gone anywhere, just that they are not being displayed in the Sonos app - you should be able to verify this from within the Amazon Music app.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The albums are still there, I can guess what the problem is and Amazon will need to fix it. See the other thread for a possible work-around.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same problem here only 5 Albums showing, not best pleased.  Is there any news on a fix yet?

Did you check the other thread?

Userlevel 1
Badge

with due respect, I have checked the other threads.  Has Sonos notified Amazon there is a problem

or is it down to the Sonos users? Or has Sonos had a recent upgrade that has caused this problem (Just a thought)

Sonos likely has, although a large portion of their service organization is in the EU, and may have missed the issue for the weekend. Not to mention that there is zero financial relationship between the two companies, so Amazon is much more likely to listen to a subscriber. 

No, there has been no recent Sonos upgrade that might have caused this. As explained in one of those threads, this is an issue on Amazon ‘s server not sending the necessary data to the Sonos controller for display. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Many thanks for your update, it is much appreciated.  I will contact Amazon.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have contacted Amazon, no update as yet.

The same thing happened to me several days ago; all my downloaded Amazon albums disappeared except for five. Clearly, something is going on with Sonos if this has happened to so many people at about the same time.

Yes, as has been explained in many threads, Amazon has stopped sending more than 5 pieces of data to Sonos. The data still exists on Amazon, they’re just not passing it to Sonos for some reason, so we’re all waiting on Amazon to fix it. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Amazon have contacted me and requested additional information.  I have provided screen shots etc.  So hopefully I will get a reply shortly.  More updates to follow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ron.manuel et al

We now consider this issue to be resolved. If you still experience this issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for assistance.