Answered

Loss Of System Control

• 2 June 2023
  • 2 replies

During normal operation I loose control of volume and pause. 

this is my setup  beam plus’s 2 Sonos one 

—- airplay to select speakers…. Spotify for music

when my system locks up there is no way to shut it down with the iPad controls , Spotify Controls , or Sonos App. After a few minutes it usually clears if not I have to unplug speakers. 

any suggestions to resolve this ?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 June 2023, 13:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @nova22 

Thanks for your post!

This is most unusual.

The next time this happens and you are able to recover functionality without rebooting your Sonos speakers, please submit a support diagnostic within a few minutes. I then recommend you get in touch with our technical support team at your convenience, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. Give them the diagnostics number, and they will hopefully be able to isolate what caused the problem. Rebooting the speakers will clear these logs, so if you have to do this, there won’t be much information to be had in any subsequent diagnostics.

It would also be useful to know if using the buttons on the speaker itself will stop playback during one of these events - please test and let our support team know the results.

I hope this helps.

Great I will do this next time it happens.

jim