Line in Not Displayed on App

• 28 March 2023
  • 4 replies

I have my turntable hooked up to my 2nd Gen Play 5 and only one channel is displayed on the app, previously both channels were displayed now the Left channel states its Disconnected, I still get sound out of the left channel but the app has it as disconnected.  I’ve unplugged the Play 5, put a new cable on the turntable and nothing has changed, any clues on how to fix this.

Thanks,

Rio

4 replies

Userlevel 7

I’m assuming you have two Play:5s set up as a stereo pair and the turntable is connected to the line-in on one of the Play:5s, correct?

If this is the case, separate the Play:5s as a stereo pair in the Sonos app and unplug both speakers from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router and phone. Then make them into a stereo pair again and connect the turntable to the line-in on the OTHER Play:5. If this doesn’t work, repeat the same process but swap the Play:5s (left speaker is now the right speaker, right speaker is now the left).

Another option, if available, is to wire one of the speakers directly to the router with an ethernet cable.

Badge +20

Vinyl Rio… you didn’t by any chance run two leads from the turntable? One to the left 5 and one to the right? Or do mean that one Play 5 is missing in action?

Vinyl Rio… you didn’t by any chance run two leads from the turntable? One to the left 5 and one to the right? Or do mean that one Play 5 is missing in action?

I’m running just one cord from the turntable RCA jacks to a 3.5mm input into one the Play:5s.

I’m assuming you have two Play:5s set up as a stereo pair and the turntable is connected to the line-in on one of the Play:5s, correct?

If this is the case, separate the Play:5s as a stereo pair in the Sonos app and unplug both speakers from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router and phone. Then make them into a stereo pair again and connect the turntable to the line-in on the OTHER Play:5. If this doesn’t work, repeat the same process but swap the Play:5s (left speaker is now the right speaker, right speaker is now the left).

Another option, if available, is to wire one of the speakers directly to the router with an ethernet cable.

Thanks for the help, I’ll definitely try that.

Rio