Answered

Is there any way to downgrade the Sonos app?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I've read in this forum that everyone appears to be having major problems with the current version of the app. Unfortunately, I have the same issues; lost playlists, lost access to radio stations (doesn't like Radioplayer, My Tuner etc) . I've tried contacting them but the Chatbot  just takes you round in circles. Is there an email address to try? Or anyway to downgrade the app?

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by 1ee 15 May 2024, 11:53

View original

14 replies

If you're on android you can get the previous version of the app here

https://en.softonic.com/download/sonos/android/post-download/v/16.1

Be sure to disable auto updates in play store for the sonos app. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for that. Changed all the permissions in settings to allow access from unknown apps and the phone still won't allow update to the Sonos app.

Thanks for that. Changed all the permissions in settings to allow access from unknown apps and the phone still won't allow update to the Sonos app.

Did you first uninstall the most recent version? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

No, I will try it.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Uninstalled the new (and useless) app. Reinstalled the old one, having first disabled auto update as you said and it works a treat. Everything works, favourites, playlists, alarms, music library, access to Radio player and my tuner etc.

Many, many thanks.

Phil

Userlevel 2

Is there a way to downgrade the app on IOS?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Not since they removed apps from iTunes. You used to be able to remove and sync the older version. I did that many times when, MyRadar would update making it useless it.  Apple changed that. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I use Android and another user has given me an option that has worked. Sorry

Badge

Has anyone found a work around for iOS to get back to the old Gold version? This new app SUCKS. As installer it’s a PITA and as a user. Did anybody test this thing?

I have uninstalled the new version 80. app and downloaded the old version 16.1 from the link above.

Works just fine now

Make sure you switch off the auto update in the app and in Google Playstore otherwise it will update back to version 80 and you'll be back to square one!

Regards...

Userlevel 1
Badge

Tried that and it works fine, thanks 

Userlevel 2

I have uninstalled the new version 80. app and downloaded the old version 16.1 from the link above.

Works just fine now

Make sure you switch off the auto update in the app and in Google Playstore otherwise it will update back to version 80 and you'll be back to square one!

Regards...

I switched off auto update in Google Play Store, but the app won't let me do anything without upgrading. How do I switch off auto update in the app please?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Go into Settings, System, System Settings, System Updates and there should be an option to switch off auto updates. Make sure auto updates is still off in Playstore. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

I saw this posted on another thread…

GitHub - qnblackcat/How-to-Downgrade-apps-on-AppStore-with-iTunes-and-Charles-Proxy

I have not tired it as I realized there are features that they disabled even in the older app - anything to do with setup is grayed out.  Since only my iPhone got updated and I have the desktop app and my iPad and wife’s phone have the older app, I’m leaving it alone in case I need some “setup” feature.  What a dog’s breakfast Sonos have served up to us.  I have run out of expletives to describe them. 😡