Free Streaming Service?

Badge

I've just realised I can no longer play any music stored on my android phone to my sonos system. Does anyone know of a free streaming service I can use to upload my music to that will connect with Sonos? 

10 replies

I’d recommend a desktop machine, or an NAS. I am unaware of any ‘free’ services that allow you to upload and store data. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The cost (and legal risk) of storing peoples music killed off the free services for this years ago.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

iBroadcast works really well for me, and it is among the services available to link in the Sonos app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Wendyzx6 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

YouTube Music currently allows the uploading of up to 100,000 tracks for non-paying customers.

Badge

Hi @Wendyzx6 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

YouTube Music currently allows the uploading of up to 100,000 tracks for non-paying customers.

Hi Corry, thanks for your reply. I think you need to have a premium account to play YT Music through Sonos 😕 unfortunately. 

I'll give it a go anyway. Do you know where I can find instructions on how to upload my mp3 files to the free version of YT music. Its not obvious to me how to do it 🙈

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Wendyzx6 

The information I have is that you can do so with a free account.

Open the YouTube Music page on your browser, make sure you are logged in, and literally all you need to do is drag-and-drop your music folder on to the website and the upload starts.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@Wendyzx6

Just tested it on mine works fine for me and I don't pay 👍

Uploaded my collection years ago and it plays on sonos ok

Just cannot add stuff to my sonos page

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Also if you have an amazon prime account there is a free music streaming service you can use

Badge

Hi @Wendyzx6 

The information I have is that you can do so with a free account.

Open the YouTube Music page on your browser, make sure you are logged in, and literally all you need to do is drag-and-drop your music folder on to the website and the upload starts.

I hope this helps.

Yeah, that helps lots. Thanks Corry 🙂

Badge

@Wendyzx6

Just tested it on mine works fine for me and I don't pay 👍

Uploaded my collection years ago and it plays on sonos ok

Just cannot add stuff to my sonos page

Thanks @skullc 👍🙂, I really appreciate the reply.