BBC Sounds - how to play non-live content?

I think I must be being thick… but how do I play BBC sounds output from history, ie any BBC Sounds material other than live radio?  It’s trivial on the web - you just pick what you want from the schedule - but I can’t find the schedule in any of my Sonos apps.

Please point out where I’m being stupid, please.

11 replies

In the Sonos app, if you scroll down from Listen Live, do you have further categories such as My Sounds, Podcasts, categories, etc? E.g Categories/ Browse all speech/ audiobooks  lists all audiobooks currently available.

Found it all now - it’s far from obvious - and not laid out very logically.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Found it all now - it’s far from obvious - and not laid out very logically.

The way the content is laid out is determined by the BBC. Are you using a large-screen device (eg iPad) or a small screen device (eg iPhone)? Or the desktop controller which doesn’t do layouts at all?

PC desktop mainly -but also android phone.  I have found what I want… it’s buried about seven layers down with lots of scrolling…..  If it is the BBC they should be ashamed - if I want a programme from yesterday on BBC sounds on my desktop PC, it’s three clicks to go to the radio station schedule, the right day, the right programme.  

I do agree - it’s not intuitive.  I don’t use Sounds, but if I did I’d certainly want an easy schedule based format as well as all the other ways of finding programmes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

PC desktop mainly -but also android phone.  I have found what I want… it’s buried about seven layers down with lots of scrolling…..  If it is the BBC they should be ashamed - if I want a programme from yesterday on BBC sounds on my desktop PC, it’s three clicks to go to the radio station schedule, the right day, the right programme.  

Can’t you just Search for the show you are looking for?

No - doesn’t work.  Or at least not for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Ah yes the desktop app is a bit lame these days, doesn;t get any love. My Windows app (see profile) shows this for your search:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

and after clicking on the one near the bottom of that list:

And your app is what and where?

Thanks

M

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

And your app is what and where?

Thanks

M

Click on my profile for details.