Answered

Alternative for connecting turntable to Era 100?

• 9 June 2023
  • 4 replies

I purchased a Sonos Era 100 at Best Buy. Then I ordered a Sonos Line-In Adapter (from Sonos), but it’s back-ordered and it looks like I won’t receive for a month or more. My question is: If my turntable has a USB-B port (normally used for connecting the turntable to a computer), can I safely use a USB-C to USB-B cable to connect the turntable to the Era 100 (without using the Sonos Line-In Adapter and the RCA to 3.5mm cable)? And will it work?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 9 June 2023, 17:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

No, that will not work.

Thank you. Seems crazy. If the USB-C port is useless without the Sonos Line-In Adapter, they should have designed the adapter circuitry to be internal (inside the speaker cabinet) and provided a 3.5mm port instead of USB-C. Oh well, I guess I’ll have to wait a month or so to play my vinyl.

It appears the USB-C port is multi-purpose, being that it can use both the Line-In and the Combo Line-In/Ethernet adapter.  If you don’t mind paying a bit more, the Combo Adapter is shipping June 17, a bit earlier than the Line-In only. 

Thank you! I just ordered it.