Question

Will Alexa Timers and Alarms go off if I have something playing from Sonos app?

• 20 October 2017
  • 3 replies

I know on my Dots if I'm playing music or a Tune-in station and have a timer set, the timer will sound even if the music is still on. I'm just being sure this will work on the Sonos One if I have something playing direct from the Sonos app, say music from my NAS?

Also wondering if I have the same level of control over the volume of timers and alarms as I do with a regular Dot, such as separate volume control for them?

Thanks for reading.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
The alarm or timer will still go off on the Sonos One, even if it's playing music or part of a surround sound setup and TV is on. The volume for the alarm is a default and at the moment can't be changed. The Sonos One and Alexa integration is constantly improving, so you may see features like this get added to them one day.
The alarm or timer will still go off on the Sonos One, even if it's playing music or part of a surround sound setup and TV is on. The volume for the alarm is a default and at the moment can't be changed. The Sonos One and Alexa integration is constantly improving, so you may see features like this get added to them one day. Hi Ryan, without been able to change the alarm volume or sound this makes what is a very important feature (especially for the kitchen when playing music and cooking) useless.
Userlevel 1
The music volume drops to allow the alarm tones to be heard. Asking Alexa to “stop timer” will stop the timer at which point the music volume resets. If you simply say “stop” Alexa will stop both the timer and the music.