Answered

weird apple music/alexa issue

• 6 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi

i have a weird issue with Apple Music on a Sonos One

I’ve just got an eero mesh network and reset everything. Apple Music is linked and set as default, as is Alexa 

all synced nicely and can play from Sonos 2 app but when I say “Alex play x” it responds and says “playing x on Apple Music” but it doesn’t play anything. When using airplay through Sonos Alexa won’t pause/skip tracks etc…

any help gratefully received. Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Paul A 6 November 2020, 00:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Monkey monkey.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand your situation and it is really an odd behavior. let me help you out with that.

I would like to recommend the following steps based on the order it is provided. Here is the complete guide on how to perform the steps below.

1. Log out of ALL Amazon-related apps which is and not limited to the following. (Amazon Prime, Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, etc.) 
  2. Open the Amazon Alexa app and disable the Sonos Skill.
  3. De-register any Sonos product on the Alexa App.
  4. Open the Sonos App.
  5. Remove the Alexa Voice service.
  6. Force close Sonos app.
  7. Force close the Alexa App.
  8. Reopen the Sonos App. Add Alexa as a voice service.
  9. Open Alexa app Add Sonos as skill
  10. Register Sonos speaker
  11. Add music service.
  12. Test to check if it works.
  13. Submit a diagnostic to capture all information performed on the Sonos devices.

Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Thank you so much, that’s has worked a treat. Very much appreciated and stopped hours of frustration!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Monkey monkey.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.
Congratulations. I’m glad that the troubleshooting steps above were able to fix your issue. The main purpose of the troubleshooting steps above is to make sure that Amazon Alexa’s amazon account is not mixed up with other Amazon-related accounts such as Amazon Prime, Amazon shopping, etc. I do hope you continue to love and enjoy your Sonos.

If you still have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic. We are always here to help.

Thanks,