i have a weird issue with Apple Music on a Sonos One
I’ve just got an eero mesh network and reset everything. Apple Music is linked and set as default, as is Alexa
all synced nicely and can play from Sonos 2 app but when I say “Alex play x” it responds and says “playing x on Apple Music” but it doesn’t play anything. When using airplay through Sonos Alexa won’t pause/skip tracks etc…
any help gratefully received. Thanks
Best answer by Paul A
Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand your situation and it is really an odd behavior. let me help you out with that.
I would like to recommend the following steps based on the order it is provided. Here is the complete guide on how to perform the steps below.
- Log out of ALL Amazon-related apps which is and not limited to the following. (Amazon Prime, Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, etc.)
- Open the Amazon Alexa app and disable the Sonos Skill.
- De-register any Sonos product on the Alexa App.
- Open the Sonos App.
- Remove the Alexa Voice service.
- Force close Sonos app.
- Force close the Alexa App.
- Reopen the Sonos App. Add Alexa as a voice service.
- Open Alexa app Add Sonos as skill
- Register Sonos speaker
- Add music service.
- Test to check if it works.
- Submit a diagnostic to capture all information performed on the Sonos devices.
Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help.