Question

Using SONOS ONE with Echo Plus to control third-party products

• 27 November 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I am very sorry if this has been asked before, but as I trawled through the forum I couldn't find a topic that answered my specific query.

I wanted to ascertain the ability of the SONOS ONE (as an Alexa enabled device) to work in conjunction with the latest Amazon Echo devices that contain the Zigbee radio capability.

In short, if a household were to own 1x SONOS ONE and 1x Amazon Echo Plus, would it be possible to control devices such as Philips Hue and Hive Heating through the SONOS ONE device, using the Echo Plus as the 'bridge/hub' to communicate directly with the third-party products;

OR would you still need the bridge/hub to control these devices when talking to the SONOS ONE (say for example which is in the kitchen), irrespective that you have an Echo Plus in another room (e.g. bedroom).

Any insight into this would be excellent, and help to best plan for a as fully-integrated smart home as possible.

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I too would love to know the answer to this question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The Echo Plus can be the hub (actually with Hue you don't need a hub). I use Smartthings as hub but there is no reason the Echo Plus hub would act any different. The Sonos One will control home automation just as standard Alexa will.
The Echo Plus can be the hub (actually with Hue you don't need a hub). I use Smartthings as hub but there is no reason the Echo Plus hub would act any different. The Sonos One will control home automation just as standard Alexa will.

SOLD! Cheers Chris.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If it makes you feel better I just went in my bathroom and asked my Sonos One to turn on my bedroom hue light. Worked perfect.