Answered

Sonos one - Microphone mute button, how t enable mute?

• 18 June 2018
  • 7 replies

I just bought a Sonos One and its working very well.
I cant find any way to mute the microphone. Theres no option anywhere in the app (windows/iphone) and it seems theres no physical button on the sonos one?
How do i get the mutebutton to work and show that its muted?
icon

Best answer by bockersjv 18 June 2018, 11:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Isn't there a button on the back of the Sonos One to mute the Microphone:
According to Sonos:-
Touch to turn the microphone on and off.
- When the light is on, voice control is on and you can use voice commands.
- When the light is off, voice control is off.
- When the light is off, you can still use voice commands. Just press and hold the mic button to talk to Alexa. When you release, voice control turns off again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
The button is the mic symbol on the top of the Sonos One.
There are a button on the back, but thats unreachable as its mounted on a wall and the fitting cover that part.
The microphone symbol on the top dosnt react when pressed. No light is on after i press it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
There are a button on the back, but thats unreachable as its mounted on a wall and the fitting cover that part.
The microphone symbol on the top dosnt react when pressed. No light is on after i press it?

Have you enabled the Sonos Skill in the Alexa App? If not then the mic is not active and pressing the mic symbol will have no impact as the Mic is already muted.
I didnt know i needed the alexa app. Thats a tad weird tbh. Is this documented antwhere?
I am in denmark btw, is this a language thing?

Thanks for all your great help and answers allready!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
The Mic is only used to receive Alexa commands, which isn't yet supported in Denmark. In this case, you don't need to worry about the mic.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
If you haven’t turned on Alexa or Google Assistant on, the microphone is off. If Alexa or Google Assistant is installed you turn the microphone off by touching the microphone symbol on top of the One. You can tell that it’s off because it has it’s own little light: if you see only one light on top of your One, the microphone is off.