SONOS ONE IN MEXICO

• 13 March 2018
  • 6 replies

There are not enough services for Mexico, so do not buy it until AMAZON alexa is available, otherwise is waste of money

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I think the title to your post is off the mark. The reason you have problems is due to Amazon not releasing Alexa in Mexico and you not doing your research!
Sorry pal, I did it and I am currently using Amazon Prime with Alexa in Mexico City, and SONOS use alexa, but does not have voice control because alexa is not available in Mexico through SONOS, so is a simple "not so smart" speaker.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
So you mean that your didn't do your research then. Otherwise you'd have known Sonos Alexa service was not yet available in Mexico surely....Pal?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
There are not enough services for Mexico, so do not buy it until AMAZON alexa is available, otherwise is waste of money
Indeed. Unless, of course, you want a really good, future proof Sonos speaker.
Badge
Hope I can help. These are the steps I followed to get Alexa working in Mexico.

I can't recall the exact steps but these points are a basic guide of what I did:

1. Using android, go to apps, force stop sonos, amazon, alexa, etc, anything related to amazon or the sonos one.
2. Select storage, clear cache, clear data.
3. Factory rest my sonos one.
4. Install a vpn app (I used turboVPN) and connect to USA.
6. Here comes the tricky part. You must have a play store account with a US address so you can download the amazon alexa app.
7. Make sure if you have the amazon shopping app installed, your "personal address" is set to a US address.
8. In the amazon alexa app. Go to settings:
At the top in Devices I have three options:
a)Master Bedroom
b)My Sonos One
c)This Device

9.For a) leave location and time zone blank
For b) type in your actual zip code and time zone.
For c) type in the same zip code you have in your US address in the amazon app profile.

ALMOST DONE!!!

10. Scroll down to Alexa Account. Select Your Alexa Apps. Type in the same zip code of your US address in amazon and c)This Device.
11. Turn off VPN.
12. Restar device and sonos one.

By now you should be able to add voice and music services in your Sonos app.

I hope this helps you or at least points you in the right direction. It all basically comes down to bieng able to install the amazon alexa app and making the apps and sonos one think you are phisically in the US. Don't worry you dont need to run the VPN app again except for updating the amazon alexa app once in a while.

Feel free to msg me for any further questions!
Regards!:D
Thanks vegaflick, will try it.