Had the Sonos setup and working with Alexa fine last week. Moved it to a different building with different wifi. Setup new wifi, Alexa voice commands would acknowledge me, she would give time, weather, but when I ask to play music, it says “playing music from Apple music” but no music, same with iHeart Radio. If I go into the Sonos S2 app on my phone and play music from Apple music, it will play fine, Alexa voice command will turn volume up and down, but will not pause. I did a reset on the speaker and app both, but same issue. Help please!
Best answer by Paul A
Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.
I would like to recommend the following steps based on the order it is provided. Here is the complete guide on how to perform the steps below.
- Log out of ALL Amazon-related apps which is and not limited to the following. (Amazon Prime, Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, etc.)
- Open the Amazon Alexa app and disable the Sonos Skill.
- De-register any Sonos product on the Alexa App.
- Open the Sonos App.
- Remove the Alexa Voice service.
- Force close Sonos app.
- Force close the Alexa App.
- Reopen the Sonos App. Add Alexa as a voice service.
- Open Alexa app Add Sonos as skill
- Register Sonos speaker
- Add music service.
- Test to check if it works.
- Submit a diagnostic to capture all information performed on the Sonos devices.
Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help.