Answered

Sonos One Alexa sports update

• 29 November 2017
  • 25 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
When I ask Alexa (on the Sonos One only) for sports update, it replies "here's your sports update" then just stops. Never give any information like my echo dots do. Anyone else see this?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 29 November 2017, 20:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, whsbuss. Thanks for reaching out about this. When you ask for your sports update, are you using a specific Alexa skill or is this part of your flash briefing? If this is a separate skill can you tell us a little more about the service it comes from? Thanks again.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I believe there is no special skill for that in Alexa. In their app you add the teams you follow under Sports.
same here. A similar thing for the response to "Alexa, what's up"/"what's happening".

Should give an abbreviated news update with main headline and weather.

Actually gives:
"Hello, it's x pm. Here's the latest.."

then stops.

Its functionality that's probably tied in with flash briefing, but unfortunately hasn't been properly implemented along with FB. . Please fix!
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Understood. I tested this out in our lab here and it seems to be working on our side. If you do not mind, please give our support technicians a call so we can have a closer look at what is going on. Our contact information can be found here. We appreciate your patience.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Keith, I can confirm that saying "Alexa, what's happening" works..... but the sports update does not. Please try to test that.
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
Keith, I can confirm that saying "Alexa, what's happening" works..... but the sports update does not. Please try to test that.

Same here. When I say "Alexa, sport update," the sports update information immediately appears in the Alexa App under Home, clearly indicating the request was properly received, but Alexa just goes silent after saying "Here is your sports update."

Flash Briefing, What's Happening, etc. not affected.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Has there been any update on this? It still does not work.
I concur. When asking for the sports update, Alexa says “Here is your sports update” and then nothing. Both “what’s my new briefing” and “what’s happening” works as expected.
Same problem with sports update. Request with no response.
Works fine with echo dot.
Same problem for me. Same problem with sports update. Request with no response. Works fine with echo dot and echo plus. Any update from SONOS re this issue?
After updating Sonos One to 8.2.3 today New Flash works but Sports update still does NOT work.

Ryan, any ETA on this?

Also. Would love to get Apple Music working. With voice on Sonos One (but I know that’s Ian more complicated).
Userlevel 2
Badge
After updating Sonos One to 8.2.3 today New Flash works but Sports update still does NOT work.

Ryan, any ETA on this?

Also. Would love to get Apple Music working. With voice on Sonos One (but I know that’s Ian more complicated).

Not here. Flash Briefing does not work with the\is update.
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
I'm curious what specific skills you're using for your Flash Briefing, as it has been working well for me since Sonos announced a few weeks back that it had been fixed. Sonos has acknowledged that there is an issue with certain audio skills (including Sports Update, BBC, Amazon Storytime, etc) that they are working to resolve, and I'm guessing that perhaps your specific skills are affected. Unfortunately, there is no ETA as yet that I've seen on a resolution.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Alexa, what's my flash briefing (same as I do for my echo dots) - I have Fox Sports, Fox Business and Weather setup
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
I tried Fox Sports & Fox Business on my Sonos. They started, stopped, restarted, then quit altogether. Very strange.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
We're working with the Alexa team on the Sports Briefing, no ETA to share today, but as soon as it's ready to go we'll make sure to let everyone know. Stay tuned!
Userlevel 2
Badge
I tried Fox Sports & Fox Business on my Sonos. They started, stopped, restarted, then quit altogether. Very strange.

Yes strange. Is other news/sports/business services working in flash briefing? Twitter Sonos support had me do some testing but it still didn't work. They have a ticket but good luck getting support to answer
Userlevel 2
Badge
UPDATE: since the sports update is not streamed from Alexa (in a file) this is not yet supported per Sonos Support
UPDATE: since the sports update is not streamed from Alexa (in a file) this is not yet supported per Sonos Support
You mean that streaming an url isn't supported, but a single file would work?
Userlevel 2
Badge
You mean that streaming an url isn't supported, but a single file would work?

Sonos Support said that because Alexa keeps sports team selections in a file it cannot get access to the file to know what teams to report updates.
Sports update worked for me this morning!
Userlevel 2
Badge

Confirmed!!
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
Here as well!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Confirmed!!

Officially confirmed as well :)

We wanted to make sure the final bow was on it before letting you all know, but as of yesterday, you can get your Sports Update on the Sonos One.
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
The only problem I'm experiencing is that the volume of the update itself, as opposed to Alexa's normal volume, is so low that I really have to "lean in" to hear the actual update. I suspect this may be an Amazon issue as I've noticed this on the Echo in the past, but for some reason it seems much more prominent on the Sonos One. (I just tried it on both again to compare and confirm). But either way, it's still progress!! :D

Thx.