Answered

Sonos One Alexa sports update

Badge
When I ask Alexa (on the Sonos One only) for sports update, it replies "here's your sports update" then just stops. Never give any information like my echo dots do. Anyone else see this?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 29 November 2017, 20:30

Understood. I tested this out in our lab here and it seems to be working on our side. If you do not mind, please give our support technicians a call so we can have a closer look at what is going on. Our contact information can be found here. We appreciate your patience.

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hello there, whsbuss. Thanks for reaching out about this. When you ask for your sports update, are you using a specific Alexa skill or is this part of your flash briefing? If this is a separate skill can you tell us a little more about the service it comes from? Thanks again.
Badge
I believe there is no special skill for that in Alexa. In their app you add the teams you follow under Sports.
same here. A similar thing for the response to "Alexa, what's up"/"what's happening".

Should give an abbreviated news update with main headline and weather.

Actually gives:
"Hello, it's x pm. Here's the latest.."

then stops.

Its functionality that's probably tied in with flash briefing, but unfortunately hasn't been properly implemented along with FB. . Please fix!
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Understood. I tested this out in our lab here and it seems to be working on our side. If you do not mind, please give our support technicians a call so we can have a closer look at what is going on. Our contact information can be found here. We appreciate your patience.
Badge
Keith, I can confirm that saying "Alexa, what's happening" works..... but the sports update does not. Please try to test that.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
whsbuss wrote:

Keith, I can confirm that saying "Alexa, what's happening" works..... but the sports update does not. Please try to test that.

Same here. When I say "Alexa, sport update," the sports update information immediately appears in the Alexa App under Home, clearly indicating the request was properly received, but Alexa just goes silent after saying "Here is your sports update."

Flash Briefing, What's Happening, etc. not affected.
Badge
Has there been any update on this? It still does not work.
I concur. When asking for the sports update, Alexa says “Here is your sports update” and then nothing. Both “what’s my new briefing” and “what’s happening” works as expected.
Same problem with sports update. Request with no response.
Works fine with echo dot.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)