Answered

Sonos Move doesn't support announcements?

• 19 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

We just got a Sonos Move. It supports Alexa fine. I can write a routine for it to Say something. 

I can write a routine that Announces something on all devices, and the Sonos Move will make the announcement.

However, when I write the Announcement routine and get to select devices, the Move is not on the list. So I cannot select just a few devices to get the announcement on the Move - it has to be all devices.

The other Sonoses we have (One, Beam) appear fine.

Am I missing something? 

icon

Best answer by Xander P 19 February 2021, 16:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

We just got a Sonos Move. It supports Alexa fine. I can write a routine for it to Say something. 

I can write a routine that Announces something on all devices, and the Sonos Move will make the announcement.

However, when I write the Announcement routine and get to select devices, the Move is not on the list. So I cannot select just a few devices to get the announcement on the Move - it has to be all devices.

The other Sonoses we have (One, Beam) appear fine.

Am I missing something? 

I can confirm the same, I’m not sure if this is a bug or intended.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Denwen @UKMedia, thanks for raising this with the Sonos Community.

We’ve tested this on our side, and haven’t been able to reproduce this - the Move is showing up as expected when creating the routine.

Mind sharing the specific actions you’re adding to the routine? A screenshot of where you’re missing the Move could also be helpful in understanding the issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Xander P 

I have created a routine within the Alexa App on Android, triggered via Voice:

My Move is called Sonos Move - imaginative I know! :grin: Interestingly, my Sonos Arc and other Sonos Ones aren’t listed either!

Edit: My Sonos Move and Arc are shown as ‘On-Line’ in the Alexa App.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Thanks for clarifying that @UKMedia, we’ve been able to reproduce that by following your steps.

Regarding the Move, not sure if this is intended or not - I’m thinking that it may be intended as the Move could be asleep when the routine is triggered, however I’ve reached out to the senior engineering team to take a closer look, and I’ll let you know when I’ve got any updates regarding this.

Badge

Thank you, Xander. Please let us know what to find.

I don’t think the problem is the Move itself; it DOES make the announcements if all devices are selected.

It can also be chosen as the device to make “Say” type routines.

It just doesn’t show up in the Announcement list.

Badge

Following up.  Any update on this?