Sonos Move and Alexa won't control pandora

• 2 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

This has happened several times in the past and each time it gets just a little bit different.  Here’s the scenario, I have a sonos move, beam, and 2 play:1’s in my set up.  I have the beam and plays set up as a stereo surround system.  I have Alexa configured as a voice assistant on both the move and the beam.  With the move, if I say “Alexa play todays hits on pandora” it will do nothing.  If I play it using the sonos app it plays, and I can control the volume with Alexa but nothing else.  “Alexa stop” doesn’t work, “Alexa stop pandora” doesn’t work, “Alexa play 80s on pandora” doesn’t work.  If I say “Alexa play my music” it will say “shuffling your music on amazon music” but then do nothing and continue to just play what was already playing.

I’ve gone in and removed the alexa app from the sonos app altogether and then re-added it.  This seemed to resolve it for a few days but now it’s back to the same behavior.  I’ve removed alexa from the move and re-added it but still the same problem.

Anyone else?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @dougntommy.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. This situation is quite normal when you have multiple Amazon-related apps installed on the mobile controller. Allow me to share some recommendations to help you out.

Allow me to recommend the following guides and please do follow accordingly.

1. Log out of ALL Amazon-related apps which are and not limited to the following. (Amazon Prime, Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, etc.) 
  2. Open the Amazon Alexa app and disable the Sonos Skill.
  3. De-register any Sonos product on the Alexa App.
  4. Open the Sonos App.
  5. Remove the Alexa Voice service.
  6. Force close Sonos app.
  7. Force close the Alexa App.
  8. Reopen the Sonos App. Add Alexa as a voice service.
  9. Open Alexa app Add Sonos as skill
  10. Register Sonos speaker
  11. Add music service.
  12. Test to check if it works.
  13. Submit a diagnostic to capture all information performed on the Sonos devices.

Please let me know how it goes. Everybody in the community would help out someone in need of assistance with their Sonos system.

Thanks,

Badge +1

Hello,  I will do the steps you mentioned, and it will work, but then after a few days it will stop working again.  Why do I constantly have to reset the sonos as a skill with alexa?  Very frustrating

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @dougntommy.

Thanks for the feedback and immediate response. 

If after following my recommendations above and still the issue persists on happening, I would recommend contacting our technical support team. However, I have little faith it will re-occur because this recommendation is a complete removal and re-integration of the voice service into your Sonos system.  There may be other causes that they can look into to have this permanently resolved. (if only the issue persists) 

Please let me know how it goes. keep me posted.

Thanks,