Answered

Sonos Move Alexa Problem

• 14 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

My Move recently quit playing music on Amazon via Alexa. When I ask Alexa to play a song title it states unable to access Amazon Music or something to that effect. Alexa will reply with weather, questions, etc just not music. The Amazon and Sonos app are up to date and the Sonos skill is active in the Alexa app. Can anyone please provide me with an answer. Thanks in advance for your help

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 15 June 2023, 16:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Shimmer BFF,

As general commands work but music commands fail, you may not have Alexa Groups enabled. This could have happened during a recent update to the Alexa app as I’ve seen settings and preferences reset after updates with some applications and services. You can find this setting in the Alexa App → Devices → Groups. Make sure that under each group, the Sonos device is checked for the "Preferred Alexa-Enabled Device" and "Device".

I would also suggest reauthorizing your Amazon music account on Sonos, as well as trying to remove and re-add Alexa to your system, after you’ve checked the above.

If these steps don’t help resolve the issue, I suggest reaching out to our support team for further assistance and troubleshooting.

I hope this helps!