Answered

Sonos Arc & Move using Alexa

• 4 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I’ve just set up my Sonos Arc and Move and when ever I ask Alexa to play a radio station, it constantly breaks up and even repeats itself. If I ask Alexa to play anything from Apple Music or ask for information, it’s perfect. The Move is In a separate room to the Arc and not linked. This has been happening for a few weeks now and it’s driving me mad.

Has anyone else had this problem?

icon

Best answer by Scottie G 4 October 2020, 21:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Scottie G, thank you for reaching to us and welcome to the Sonos Community. I appreciate you for providing us with a detailed concern. Let me help you figure out what's happening.

I have a few questions and will give some suggestions on what you can follow.

• Do you use your Amazon account in another home or location?
  • Are you getting an error when you asked Alexa to play music?
  • What is the status light of the microphone? Is it off?

Let me suggest the following basic troubleshooting steps to see if this would work for you.

1. Open the Alexa app on your iOS or Android device.
  2. Open the menu in the top left and tap on Skills & Games > Your Skills > Sonos > Disable Skill.
  3. Deregister your Sonos speaker from Alexa by following the instructions on Amazon's website: Deregistering a device.
  4. Disable Voice Control in the Sonos app. From the Settings tab, tap Services and select Amazon Alexa under Voice. Select the voice-enabled speaker from the list of Sonos Products, and tap Remove Alexa.
  5. Log out of all Amazon Apps on the mobile device, including the Amazon app, Alexa app and Amazon.com in your mobile browser.
    • To sign out of the Amazon mobile app:
      • On Android devices, open the app and tap Menu > Your Account > Sign Out.
      • On iOS devices, open the app and tap the menu icon in the top-left corner, and then choose Settings > "Not [name]?"
  6. Using the Sonos app, complete Alexa setup again. Follow the steps to log into the appropriate Amazon account when prompted to do so.
  7. Once completed, try giving Alexa another command.

If after performing the steps above and you're still facing the same issue, please submit a diagnostic report and provide us the confirmation number. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge

Hi Rowena. Thank you for your reply, but I’ve just managed to get it sorted after all this time. The fault actually lied with the Virgin Radio Skills in Alexa. All the most recent reviews were by others experiencing the same problems. 
Once deleted the Skill, I now source Virgin Radio from another source and all works perfect. 
thanks once again for taking the time to reply. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Scottie G, thank you for updating us and I’m glad the issue has been resolved.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.