Answered

Sonos Alexa Integration India

• 2 November 2017
  • 80 replies

I am form Mumbai, India. I have been using Sonos with Alexa integration till yesterday, until Amazon launched Alexa services in India. To get the local skills I had my Amazon marketplace for Alexa changed from UK to India and since then my Sonos skill for Alexa vanished.
I am unable to search Sonos skill on Alexa Skills page. On contacting Amazon, they replied that Sonos hasn't released the skill for India 😞.
Any clue how can I enable the Sonos skill for Alexa whilst having the location India.

Regards,
Shanty
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 11 November 2017, 01:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

80 replies

I have a pair of Sonos Ones and it does not work in India. Alexa can not find SONOS skill. I have written to Amazon and Sonos support multiple times and they just play the blame game and accuse each other of not enabling the skill.

I'd suggest everyone to write to both Sonos and Amazon and demand that the skill is enabled.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
My Sonos skill for Alexa, "My Speaker", is now available in India. Requires an iOS device or a Windows 10 PC for the companion app. Give it a try.
I get a message saying that the companion app does not seem to have ever run on your network. What next?
I have been able to link the account, and the My Speaker skill shows that the skill is enabled. But invoking the My Speaker command yields the message mentioned in the preceding post.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
I sent you a PM.