Question

Set up Sonos One with Alexa

• 22 October 2017
  • 5 replies

I've followed the set up connected both accounts as described, alexa responds to questions but when i ask to play music/radio etc she says its playing but no sound. i've also found she thinks shes in USA even though i've set all the devices to europe/london summer time.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I found I could change the location in the Alexa App devices section. I also have not got Alexa voice control of music to work yet, she thinks she is playing but there is no sound.
At one point in the setup instructions you are supposed to ask 'Alexa, discover devices' which I suspect never found any of my devices.
Any suggestions?
Ah ... yes ... if I go to alexa.amazon.co.uk (or .com depending on your location) and in smarthome -> devices initiate a search, it finds them. So that's starting to look better
tried that too, without success... i guess there's a problem with the setup.
in Alexa smarthome->devices do you see ALL your sonos devices (Sonos One and any play:1/3/5) ? You should.
yes all there listed