Radio Paradise repeats

• 2 February 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

I am having this exact problem.

Radio Paradise Skill on Sonos One repeats the same few songs | Sonos Community

It has happened on both a One and Beam. Today, it repeated the same 2 minute section of a song over and over. When I pressed skip, it kept repeating the “thank you for listening to Radio Paradise” announcement over and over. 

Unfortunately, the above linked thread does not seem to offer a resolution.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @elee532.

Thanks for reaching out, we’d be glad to help.

Is this specifically happening to Radio Paradise? Have you observed the same behavior with other music services? 

Was the command initiated using the Sonos app/controller or through voice service?

To better understand what’s going on, please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly when the issue happens, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and go from there, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Badge +1

Issue has only been observed with Radio Paradise. Play was initiated via Alexa voice service. I will submit a diagnostic report next time it happens. Thank you.

Badge +1

Hi @Annazel S . I sent the diagnostic report a little while ago. I unfortunately failed to note the confirmation number. So, I just sent again. Number is 1050118430.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @elee532.

Thanks for your response.

Upon checking the diagnostic report, the system detected a transport error resulting in playback failure, possibly Sonos is not getting enough bandwidth or experiencing poor wireless conditions. Commonly, these could be caused by wireless interference, or perhaps the audio feed is too slow to allow the Sonos player to maintain reliable playback, and this article will help you reduce wireless interference around your Sonos products.

Alternatively, you can reach out to us through Sonos Support, to continue working with us in real-time to expedite the process. I suggest calling in our phone support, for they have more resources available on their system for advanced troubleshooting, the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case and there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the controller to see what's going on.

​If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know.

Hi, I am experiencing the same problem. I doubt that the problem is poor wifi signal. I don’t get any dropouts or signal failures ever.  I think the problem only occurs when activating RP by Alexa. And only on the RP app, not when streaming RP on Tunein.

It would be great if someone at Sonos could try to recreate the issue, on a Sonos One from late 2019, using Alexa voice activation.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi all.

I don’t own any Sonos devices with built-in voice control, but do use Echo devices with the default speaker set to Sonos. I find when using the Radio Paradise skill, it can stop unexpectedly either on Sonos started through an Echo, or even just using an Echo or Echo Dot. I occasionally notice that I am listening to the same song twice in a row. I don’t think the Radio Paradise skill is 100% reliable.

It might also be worth pursuing on the Radio Paradise listener forum.

In the UK, I can no longer get Radio Paradise through TuneIn due to an ongoing licensing dispute, but I never had this issue when I could use TuneIn. This makes me think the Radio Paradise skill is involved in the problem.

HTH.

This has been an issue for years. It is not anyone’s individual setup, but a problem with the skill AFAiCT.

Indeed, listening to RP on TuneIn is a reasonable work-around, but requires a slightly longer ask of Alexa each time it’s started “…from TuneIn”. Quality seems reasonable enough, but it’s possible we’re missing some of the feedback and rating capabilities?! Not sure if it affects Bill and Rebecca’s tracking (I’m going to guess they have better metrics through the skill).

I gave up on trying to use Alexa to play RP, I just grab my phone or tablet and do it through the Sonos app.  Now that RP is a separate service that you can add to your music, inside Sonos, this gives more flexibility anyway.  You can then choose the bitrate you want (in case your wifi connection is dodgy or you are using cellular data), and you can select which RP “mix” you want (Main, Mellow, Rock, World etc.).  For me, these advantages ease the sting of not being able to just say “Alexa, play Radio Paradise” and get the result that we all expect.

Yes, activate RP on Sonos Beam with Alexa and music/songs repeats ad nauseam after 3 or 4 tracks! Help!