Answered

Playing music through sonos speakers and Amazon Echo at the same time

• 30 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Is it possible to listen to music on your sonos speakers AND use your amazon echos as additional speakers at the same time?  

I have 5 sonos speakers and 1 echo and am able to ask alexa to play music but it will play on either the 5 sonos speakers or the echo….i can’t seem to get it to play on ALL the speakers….it is an endless either or no matter what I do. 

Any guidance would be so appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by Paul A 30 January 2021, 14:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Short answer: No :)

Let me know if you want the long answer? :grin:

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @vachancellor.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. This is not yet a supported Setup of Sonos. However, I will be more than happy to send this up as a feature request. I would suggest keeping your Sonos App and Sonos products up to date for them to receive the latest features, bug fixes and newly released features of Sonos. Just to set your expectation, you will not be contacted or updated for any progress made on your feature request that is why I highly suggest keeping your Sonos products and Sonos App up-to-date to be able to receive the latest update, feature release, and bug fixes.

If you have any other questions, concerns, or feature requests, please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic. We highly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Short answer: No :)

Let me know if you want the long answer? :grin:

I would LOVE the long answer. thank you in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Alexa allows single 3rd party speakers to be added/grouped to echo devices and the Echo device controls the buffering to ensure that all speakers play a synchronous audio stream. No other mult room speakers are able to be grouped. This is because all multi room speakers use there own propriety buffering technology. 

Sonos are currently suing Google over copyright infringement in this area.