Answered

Play 5 and Echo dot volume issues

• 7 October 2017
  • 3 replies

After the latest update, the volume on my play 5 has changed with my echo dot. It use to be too loud when the dot was turned up all the way, my line in was boosted to 10, and I was half way up on the sonos volume. Now the audio from the dot is noticeably quieter, and changes randomly, quieter, then back to set volume. Has anyone else had a similar issue here?

Diagnostic 7926558 submitted.
icon

Best answer by aethelwyne 8 October 2017, 17:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I have had the same problem, Just updated both the sonos software and alexa on Oct 7 2017, to use the streaming to sonos beta, and my connected echo dot (connected directly to my play 5) is having all kinds of volume problems.. basically unusable.. If I tell it 'Alexa volume 8' before anything, I can hear it.. but then randomly in the middle of playing it will screw up the volume.
found the answer https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/amazon-dot-and-play-5-line-in-going-quiet-when-replying-from-alexa-6791469
Good find! That seems to be it, since as soon as u disbled the skill, it worked like normal. Guess I will try again in a few weeks and see if it is any better.