Answered

Play 1; Echo Dot: Amazon Unlimited for Echo single device

• 30 May 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I am new to the idea of on-line communities so am a 'learner driver' and couldn't find an answer to my problem by searching...
I have an Amazon Echo Dot and a Sonos Play 1 speaker.
My Echo Dot is linked with the Sonos speaker with the Sonos skill on Alexa.
I have opened a subscription to Amazon Unlimited Music on my Echo Dot only - single device subscription.
I can stream Amazon Unlimited Music (Playlists, tracks, albums etc) to my Echo Dot, playing through its own speaker / through a Bluetooth connected speaker / through a cable connected speaker.
I can stream my Amazon on-line 'My Music Library' (ie music which I have purchased from Amazon) to all of these AND to my Sonos speaker.

I can't stream any Amazon Unlimited Music to my Sonos speaker, even though I have a subscription service.

I cannot understand why I can play this music service on any speaker other than the Sonos..! I have raised this with Amazon customer services but have so far failed to get them to even understand what I'm talking about..!

Has anybody tried this service in this way.?. Seems like the perfect way to stream music at a reasonable cost but I would like it through the Sonos for sound quality
icon

Best answer by Dom1da 30 May 2018, 12:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
i am afraid you need an Amazon Music Unlimited Individual subscription to play on sonos Play:1 as well as echo dot.
as your subscription only allows you to play on one Amazon echo dot and no other Amazon devices and you can't stream to sonos speakers ether.
Badge
That's what I was afraid of... Unfortunately, cost then jumps from £3.99 to £9.99/month. Don't suppose the new Sonos 1 with Alexa built in would work either as it isn't an Echo device..?
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
No sorry you still need an Individual subscription to play on Sonos One as it is not an Amazon device
most Music streaming services are £9.99 or more these days
if you are a Amazon prime member you get it at £7.99 a month or £79 a year
Badge
Yes I pay for Amazon Prime @ £79.00 per year and also for the Echo dot ( a Christmas present ) @ £3.99 per month which allegedly provides me with with Amazon Music Unlimited. Again as for Jabees I can only get the limited music library on Sonos as a Notice says my subscription doesn’t extend to Unlimited ! If I dumped my Exco dot subscription and upgraded to the Unlimited subscription would I get full Unlimited service on all my Sonos kit, Play One with Alexa and would the Echo dot remain live and in use ?
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
yes echo dot will still work