Answered

Music Quality doesn't show in Sonos App when starting music with Alexa

• 22 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I am using Amazon music (with arc home theater - arc, 2x era 300, sub 3) and if I start a playlist with Alexa, I don't see the music quality in the Sonos App (HD, Dolby, etc).  If start the same playlist through the Sonos Assistant (or app), I see the quality in the app.

Questions:

1. Is the quality the same when starting a playlist through Alexa or is it better to start the playlist through the Sonos Assistant?

2. Will music play in Dolby quality when starting from Alexa?  If so, is there a way to tell? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 22 December 2023, 21:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

When using Alexa, you will not get HD, Ultra HD, or Dolby Atmos music to play from Amazon Music. Stick with requesting the song via Sonos Voice Control or playing the song directly from the Sonos app.

The only problem with that is Sonos Voice control is only adding 100 songs from the playlist in the queue for some reason.   If you start the playlist from the app you get the full number of songs in the queue.