Move to Spain... Alexa will work?

• 6 February 2018
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 18 replies
Hi everyone!

I'm recently moved to Spain but my Sonos One is coming later this month with all my stuff. Can I use Alexa from Spain with a new account? How can I set up for continue asking about life to Alexa? I just want to keep using this amazing feature but I want to know if it's possible.

As I am checking at the Spanish website, "Sonos One, with a future voice control"... but if I am a current customer?

Thanks in advance. :8

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, wishu. Thanks for reaching out about this. At the moment, Sonos One is not supported with Amazon Alexa in Spain. It doesn't appear that Amazon has support for Alexa in Spain either. That being said, Sonos One will be ready for voice control when it becomes available in your geographic location.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
So, using my existing UK account, I couldn't use Alexa as I was doing? I know that Amazon hasn't an official support for Alexa in Spain (neither in Spanish), but I thought that I could use my One in english... T_T"
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are correct. Essentially, when Sonos calls out to music services it uses your IP address that determines your physical geographic location. This then determines what is available and what is not. However, whenever voice control support comes to Spain, we will work diligently to bring that to Sonos as soon as we can get it tested and working. Thanks for understanding.

And good luck on your move to Spain! I visited there last summer on holiday and had a blast. 🆒
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
As you told me, my One does not work with voice control so I muted my mic and hoping to have voice control asap.

Yeah the place is awesome, I am exploring new places every weekend :D

Thanks for your help!
All my sonos one with Alexa work in spain. You just have to leave the "location" settings as UK.
"All my sonos one with Alexa work in spain. You just have to leave the "location" settings as UK."

Are you referring to the location settings in the Sonos app?

Thanks in adance
your amazon account has to be registered in the uk, (or germany) and the settings set to english in app, (or german) my alexa works fine here in malaga. only problem is if you ask her the weather it gives your location in uk weather! apart from that every thing else works fine.
Thanks for your help it worked a treat.
I don't need the weather here in Madrid. Blue skies every day.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Thanks for your help it worked a treat.
I don't need the weather here in Madrid. Blue skies every day.

I couldn't configure it because when I put my Amazon app in UK the Sonos app continues telling me that "voice control is not allowed on your country".
Maybe your phone is in spanish the ALEXA App is detecting it from there. MY Phone is spanish but the Language is in English. My Amazon Account is in UK, Alexa settings are english with a random english postcode. All the music, lights control etc work fine, but as i say she thinks shes in uk, so weather and traffic etc will give a uk response.
Badge
All my sonos one with Alexa work in spain. You just have to leave the "location" settings as UK.
Hi. How do you get the microphone to work? I seem to have set up everything correctly in the Alexa app and it recognises my Sonos Ones but the microphones appear to be turned off. Any ideas? Many thanks in advance. Paul
By the way, I'm writing from Valencia, Spain.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hi! Did you check that the light of your microphone is working?
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are correct. Essentially, when Sonos calls out to music services it uses your IP address that determines your physical geographic location. This then determines what is available and what is not. However, whenever voice control support comes to Spain, we will work diligently to bring that to Sonos as soon as we can get it tested and working. Thanks for understanding.

And good luck on your move to Spain! I visited there last summer on holiday and had a blast. 🆒

Hi Keith, is there any update on the voice control function for the Sonos One being available in Spain?
Hi, has anyone currently managed to set up alexa to sonos one in Spain. I could pair the two accounts but alexa app wouldn't find the sonos device ( i guess because my wifi has a spanish ip address) Any updates on when alexa is coming to spain.
Badge
Hi, has anyone currently managed to set up alexa to sonos one in Spain. I could pair the two accounts but alexa app wouldn't find the sonos device ( i guess because my wifi has a spanish ip address) Any updates on when alexa is coming to spain.
Maybe November, 23th. Just for Black Friday.