Question

Move and Echo device in same room both respond to Alexa out of sync

• 3 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have an Echo Show and newly purchased Move device within the same room. When I ask ‘Alexa, xyz’, both respond and milliseconds off. I have reviewed all the configs, and while I can config the echo device, there is nothing to adjust in the ALexa app for the Move. 

Any suggestions on having only one device respond? Music is playing fine. 

I could disable alexa on the Move, or shut off the Move mic, but that is not ideal as I take the Move to another room.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @heynowjerry,

Thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. Let me share some information to help you out. 

Having your Sonos Move and Echo Show in the same room might confuse Alexa. Giving command to Sonos using Alexa enabled device, you need to include the room name in your command unless your Sonos speaker is part of an Alexa group. Setting up an Alexa Group and selecting one of your Sonos products as a Preferred Speaker.

Here are the steps you need to follow to create an Alexa Group with Sonos speakers.

1. Open the Alexa app and tap the  Devices icon.
  2. Tap the + icon, and then Add group.
  3. Select a preset group name (or create your own) and tap Next.
  4. Choose the Alexa-enabled devices and Sonos speakers you want to have in this group, then tap Save at the bottom.
  5. Tap the group you just created and tap Setup under Preferred Speaker.
  6. Pick the same speaker(s) that you’ve put into this group. These are the Sonos speakers that will play when you issue a command to this group.

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.