Answered

IDAGIO search.

What do i need to do so sonos searches idagio

i added idagio because search of classical music with apple is so bad (Even worse with sonos).  But sonos doesn’t seem to search in idagio at all.

if that doesn’t work the whole thing is useless to me

jpc

icon

Best answer by controlav 22 September 2020, 15:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @modern23, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern, I’d like to ask some questions to further assist.

• What Sonos products do you have?
  • If you have an Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled device then you can do voice command to search from Idagio, You just need to setup Idagio as a default Music Service.
  • Are you able to add the Idagio Music Service on the Sonos App?
  • Are you getting an error message when searching from Idagio on the Sonos App?
  • Have you tried to remove and readd the Idagio on the Sonos App to check if that will work?
  • Have you tried it on another controller if the issue still persists?

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Products: 2 play 5, 2 play 1, 1 one sl.

ipad app: 12.0.4

I dont  use voice services

I can see idagio using sonos app, i can browse idagio.    But if i try a search i get hits only on the other services (apple, amazon, spotify, tunein).

idagio doesnt seem to generate an error.

Same results on iphone

i removed and readded idagio.   No improvement. 
thanks

modern23

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @modern23, thanks for the update, Regarding your concern, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @modern23, thanks for the update.I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. upon checking, I can’t see any issue with your Music Services specifically for the Idagio on your Sonos system. we’ll have to take this further. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.   They may request for remote access on your device controllers where you have the Sonos App so they can check what is causing the App not to search from Idagio. 

ok, thanks for trying!

modern23

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @modern23, thanks for the update. Let us know what happened after you contact our phone support team. Thank you.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.

Hi,

i am having exactly the same issue described above I have a free-standing new Sonos 5 and two Sonos Ports and subscribe to a dozen or so music streaming services.  If I enter a search, I get results for everything but IDAGIO.  I just noticed this yesterday on my IPad Sonos app.  Any advice?

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The Idagio SMAPI service does not support Search, it is optional and they have chosen not to. You need to ask Idagio why not.

Thanks, that explains it!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @thomaswestside, thanks for the update. And I’m glad that you got the answer you needed.  It’s great to know about the IDAGIO SMAPI service and big thanks to @controlav for assisting and letting us know about it.

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

The Sonos community is always here to help.