Answered

how to turn off sonos alexa bing after a command executed

• 29 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the sonos alexa bing sound after a command has been executed?

I have had to turn off alexa on my sonos beam in my bedroom as the post command bing is very loud and wakes everyone up.

thanks

kevin

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 29 January 2020, 23:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi Kevin, 

You can turn off that sound. Go into the Sonos App > Settings > Services > Amazon Alexa > Room Name > And Turn Off Wake Word Chime.

That should disable the sound when you say the magic word.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the response.  I disabled that, but i wanted to know if there was a way to turn off the sound the beam makes after performing the command.  So when i say “alexa turn off tv” of “alexa, turn off the lights” and it then turns off the tv or lights, followed by a sound to notify me that it has completed the task.  it is that sound upon completion that i’d love to disable.

thanks

kevin

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the response.  I disabled that, but i wanted to know if there was a way to turn off the sound the beam makes after performing the command.  So when i say “alexa turn off tv” of “alexa, turn off the lights” and it then turns off the tv or lights, followed by a sound to notify me that it has completed the task.  it is that sound upon completion that i’d love to disable.

thanks

kevin

Hi Kevin

If you open the Alexa App>Settings>Device Settings>[your Beam] and turn off ‘Follow-Up Mode’, that should stop the sound after the command has completed.

Thanks UK media,

I will give it a try.

kevin