Question

How to setup Alexa Good morning Routine to Play music at a Volume On Sonos Speaker

• 30 October 2020
  • 1 reply

So i have created an Alexa “Good morning” routine (listening on an Echo Dot) to play music on my Sonos Speaker (Play 1) using the example “Ed Shearan On [Enter Sonos Speaker Name Here]”

However the music is played at the last volume of that Speaker…. How can i get the Routine to set the Volume of the Sonos Speaker before playing the music?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Jamdog2477, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for bringing this concern, let me help you out on this.

Alexa Echo Dot won't be able to control the alarm volume on the Sonos speaker. That feature is not yet available with Sonos. The same goes for setting alarms and sleep timers on Sonos voice-enabled Sonos speaker.

What I can do is send in a feature request to make this available in the Sonos app. We don't have the timeline and the information yet to share with you about this but you can check our announcements here in the community or from our website.

You can set up alarms to wake up to your favorite songs in the morning, or set up reminders throughout the day. 

To set a Sonos alarm using iOS or Android:

1. From the Rooms tab, tap the Alarm Bell Alarm icon.
  2. Tap New Alarm.
  3. Set the Time, Room, Music, Frequency, and Volume, and tap Save.
  4. Tap Done.
    • Alarms can also be accessed from the Settings tab by going to System > Alarms.

If you need help with any other information, please feel free to reach out. The Sonos community is always here to help.