How to set increments for Sonos Beam when using Alexa “volume up” command?

• 16 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Recently, my volume has started increasing by 10 steps when issuing the Alexa command “volume up” it used to be something like 2-3 steps but I can’t seem to find a spot to adjust the increments. Absolutely maddening.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Bluefunoodle311, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on Alexa command for volume up. Kindly check this article about Controlling Alexa on Sonos for the commands available for controlling Alexa on your Sonos speaker. You may refer to the attached photo for reference on Volume controls for Alexa on Sonos.

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hi @Bluefunoodle311, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on Alexa command for volume up. Kindly check this article about Controlling Alexa on Sonos for the commands available for controlling Alexa on your Sonos speaker. You may refer to the attached photo for reference on Volume controls for Alexa on Sonos.

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

My issue is not with setting the volume of Alexa on Sonos, it’s with using Alexa to control my Sonos volume for my TCL TV. When I would say “Alexa volume up” it would turn my TV volume up by 2 steps, which was perfect. All of a sudden, it started doing 10 steps. This increment is way too high and I would like to adjust the setting. I can still use “Alexa set the TV volume to 23 (or whatever number from 1-100)” to specify a set volume but this isn’t always the most convenient command. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Bluefunoodle311, thanks for the update and clarifying the issue. I want to ask if are there any updates that took place on the Alexa App before this happened? When did it start happening? Because this could be an update in Alexa for the commands that would work with Sonos, as we are integrating the updates or commands available from Alexa to the Sonos App and speakers. 

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.
We're here to answer any further questions you have.