Answered

Follow-Up Mode makes Confirmation sound repeat

Badge +1
So I turned on follow-up mode on my sonos one and now it has gone crazy. After I issue a command it goes “bong” bong bong bong bong etc continuously. Unplugged and plugged in and it kept doing it. Turned off follow-up mode for now which seems to have solved the problem.
Any one else see this?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 21 March 2018, 21:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Yes, this problem just showed up on one of two Sonos Ones I have. Turned off followup mode and that fixed it. Oddly though, it still seems to be using followup mode. Guess it's not quite there yet.
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
Follow-up mode was working well for a couple of days on the Sonos One, but yesterday afternoon it began an endless cycle of wake-up notifications even in the absence of any sound in the room. The solutions I found were to either (1) cycle the mic on and off, (2) tell Alexa "stop", or (3) turn off follow-up mode altogether. Notably this is only happening on my Sonos Ones; my echo devices are not cycling (not repeated light notification) in the same manner.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Same problem here since last night on my Sonos One. I can say something simple like “Alexa, what time is it?” and after she gives me the time, she *Bloops* every second or two until I say “Stop.” Each *Bloop* records as a separate “Text Not Available” command in my Alexa app History. Unplugging the device didn’t fix the problem. Disabling Follow-Up mode works, but obviously that’s not an ideal solution. In case it’s relevant, I have a paired set of Sonos Ones, only one of which has the microphone turned on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
HI everyone, we're looking into this issue with Follow Up mode and the Sonos One. I'll let you know when it's resolved or we have any news to share.

In the meantime, the best thing to do is turn off the mode for Sonos.
Yes, since adding followup my one has gone bananas! So much chiming had to turn mic off for now....
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
Yes, since adding followup my one has gone bananas! So much chiming had to turn mic off for now....

Disabling Follow-up in the Alexa for the Sonos One will resolve the issue until this is fixed.
How do you turn it off? It's not an option in the app for the Sonos as it is for my other devices.
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
You can disable Follow-Up mode for any individual device in the Alexa app under Settings. Note that there are two entries for each Sonos One, so be sure to choose the Alexa device, not the speaker.
I still couldn't figure out how to do it on the app, but I was able to do it at the alexa.amazon.com website.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I turned Follow-Up mode back on this evening and it looks like the endless *Bloop* problem has been resolved. Happy about that. Though until Sonos adds an option to remove the Wake Sound entirely (even if just for Follow-Up mode), it's not very pleasant to use. It sounds particularly nutty with Brief Mode enabled. So many superfluous beeps and bloops!