Question

Enable Sonos Skill

• 20 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Hey Guys,

I recently got the Sonos One Gen 2, and have finished setting it all up. However whenever I go to the Services & Voice settings in the Sonos App S2, it keeps asking me to enable the Sonos Skill, even though I already have.

When I go to press on it and it takes me to the Alexa it says I have already enabled it.

I'm just wondering if this is a bug or if I have missed something setting it up.

Thanks guys.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

@JFJanik 

Try the following:

1. Deleting the Sonos skill in the Alexa app and sign-out.
  2. Disable Alexa in the Sonos app for the Sonos One.
  3. Sign into Alexa
  4. Re-enable the Sonos skill
  5. Power cycle your device and connect to wi-fi
  6. Re-enable Alexa for the Sonos One

Cheers!

Thanks for quick reply. Everything seemed to work but then the ‘Enable Sonos Skill’ came back a couple minutes after I finished everything. I assume it’s just a bug then?

Userlevel 7

Hi @JFJanik 

1. Make sure the software on your iOS or Android  device is up-to-date.
  2. The Sonos app is up-to-date
  3. You are running the latest Alexa app version

If the above is true then I suggest you click on the link to submit a diagnostic to Sonos and call Sonos Tech Support.

Cheers!

Thanks again for the quick reply. I will get on that. 

Thanks again. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Thanks for quick reply. Everything seemed to work but then the ‘Enable Sonos Skill’ came back a couple minutes after I finished everything. I assume it’s just a bug then?

It’s definitely a bug. It does not work the way it’s supposed to and it’s very frustrating.